Welcome to the 42nd Annual High Point National. This year's High Point will mark Round 4 of the 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing. The races are the perfect way to spend Father’s Day weekend in the great outdoors!
There might not be a better place to see the grandeur of the full display of the sport of motocross than Greene County’s High Point Raceway. This track weaves its way around a deep valley, treating the riders to constant elevation changes. From the slippery off-camber corners to the high-speed runs to and from the valley floor, no section of this track is completely flat, which makes it a true challenge and fun racetrack. But what makes it tough for the athletes makes it great for the spectators, because several vantage points atop the valley offer full views of the track below. Further, High Point’s jumps were engineered to sit right in front of the main spectator areas, letting fans get close while they watch the riders go big. Some call it moto theater—and it’s a show filled with ups and downs, twists and turns.
Where did it all start? In the fall of 1976 brothers Jack and Carroll Holbert invited off-road pioneer Dave Coombs Sr. out to their family farm in Mt. Morris, Pennsylvania, to see if he wanted to build a motocross track there. High Point Raceway was founded shortly thereafter with the help in design by the visiting Maico factory team from Europe. Since then High Point has been among the pillars of American motocross, hosting a round of the AMA Po Motocross Championship every year since 1977, and countless off-road, regional and local motocross events.
In 2017 High Point underwent major changes. Gone is the iconic uphill start. New is a massive first turn sweeper, Finish Line and brand new hydraulic starting gate, providing fans with longer and better views of the famous racetrack. We moved more than 150,000 cubic yards of dirt to bring our racers and fans this new experience. The renovations provided a better starting grid, as well as an enhanced podium location and celebration with a stadium feel.
Roam from vantage point to vantage point around the circuit, and experience the action from multiple areas. But no matter where you end up, you will be able to see nearly 100% of the race action, as High Point has a unique amphitheater design. And just as unique as the racetrack are the fans. Our fans are the best! They are tough, hardy and fun-spirited; they enjoy the outdoors and love their moto! High Point fans are Steeler fans, Pirate fans and Penguin fans, which makes this southeastern Pennsylvania venue the perfect place to spend Father’s Day.
So take your dad to the races this summer and celebrate 42 years of great racing memories at High Point with a few thousand of your friends!
- FREE! Motorcycle Parking! Follow the signs for location.
- Onsite ATM
- Grandstand seating and Open Air Festival seating
- Nearly 100% Track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Infield Track Viewing
- Covered Super Ticket VIP Viewing Areas with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering.
- Handicap Viewing Area & convenient parking
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- Legends and Heroes Display
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Food, Soft Drink and Beer Concessions
- Easy Entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- Saturday Parking Fee: $10/vehicle
- Gates open Thursday @ Noon and close midnight to 6 am daily. Please plan accordingly.
- Be prepared to show credentials at all security checkpoints
- General Information: located at the Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Will Call: located in tent across the road from Pro Gate/Gate 2 (Friday 9am-5pm & Saturday 7am-2pm)
- First Aid: located at Ambulance Station on Amateur Side B
- Security: headquartered at Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Lost & Found: located at Announcer Tower
- Pets Allowed: must remain on least at all times. Must stay in Camping Area and Amateur Pits. No pets allowed in main fan areas on Saturday.
- No glass bottles in Fan Viewing areas.
- No drones or remote control aircraft permitted.
- No pit vehicles. we do not allow pit bikes, quads, scooters, golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- No open campfires. Gas and charcoal cooking grills ONLY permitted.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage to your person and property. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children safe. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers. Remember, you share the facility with moving wheels and motorcycles. Be cautious of moving wheels in foot traffic areas.
- Keep your radio tuned to MXFM 89.1 FM for up-to-date announcements, racing news, interviews and information throughout the weekend. Although we have a public address system, the best way to stay tuned is to tune in.
- Be Social with High Point Raceway, like the official Facebook Page!
2018 Special Events
- Organized Practice Friday, 9 a.m.
- Women's Motocross (WMX) Championship. (See Amateur Racing tab for details)
- Justin Barcia Autograph Signing: Friday 4 - 5 p.m. at Morgantown Powersports. Stop in meet Barcia and pick up a $5 discount Saturday General Admission ticket!
- Friday Night "Pizza Party with the Pros" for ages 12 & under at the Lucas Oil Rig in Sponsor Village at 6 pm. Meet some of the top 250 pro riders and the lovely Lucas Oil Girls for some fun, food, games and autographs, compliments of Lucas Oil.
- 125 All Star Happy Hour Practice: Friday at 7 p.m. Come watch all the 125 All Stars take to the track for a practice session before they race on Saturday.
- Friday Night High Point Party @ BENT (471 Chestnut St. Morgantown, WV 26505) from 6 - 9 p.m. INCLUDES: DJ, Free BBQ, Red Bull Drink Specials, Ticket & Red Bull Gear Giveaways.
- High Point Pit Bike National: Friday, June 15 at 8 p.m. more information coming soon!
- Live Music with DJ E-LO and bonfire immediately following the Pit Bike National.
- Saturday visit the Legends and Heroes Moto Museum in Sponsor Village for an up-close and personal look back at 51 years of American Motocross.
- Saturday visit the VA Medical Center's Mobile Clinic as well. They will be providing information on their services to our vets. Stop by and let them know how much you appreciate the good work they do for our heroes.
- Sunday PAMX Thor Championship Spring Series Amateur Points Race, presented by Dunlop. (See Amateur Racing tab for details)
Our Hometown Favorites
- Burritos - Black Bear Burritos
- Italian - Oliverio’s Ristorante (Also great Sushi Tue-Thur)
- Craft Drinks and Beers - Table 9
- Tapas and Wine - Tin 202
- Great Wine and Views - The Montmartre
- Steakhouse and Whiskey - Bourbon Prime
- Burgers and Beers - Iron Horse Tavern
- Wings and Live Music - Flour and Feed
Event Director: Tim Cotter (304) 284-0084
High Point Raceway
c/o:(Name of Recipient)
281 Taylortown Rd
Mount Morris, PA 15349
High Point National Winners
|6/17/17||Blake Baggett||Grand Terrace, CA||KTM|
|6/14/14||James Stewart||Haines City, FL||SUZ|
|6/8/13||Ryan Villopoto||Poulsbo, WA||KAW|
|6/9/12||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||KTM|
|6/11/11||Ryan Villopoto||Poulsbo, WA||KAW|
|6/12/10||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||SUZ|
|6/15/08||James Stewart||Haines City, FL||KAW|
|5/27/07||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||SUZ|
|5/28/06||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||SUZ|
|5/29/05||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||SUZ|
|5/30/04||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||HON|
|5/25/03||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||HON|
|5/26/02||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||HON|
|5/30/99||Greg Albertyn||South Africa||SUZ|
|5/24/98||Ezra Lusk||Bainbridge, GA||HON|
|5/25/97||Damon Bradshaw||Mooresville, NC||HON|
|5/26/96||Jeff Emig||Kansas City, KS||KAW|
|5/28/95||Doug Henry||Oxford, CT||YAM|
|5/29/94||Mike Kiedrowski||Canyon Country, CA||KAW|
|5/30/93||Damon Bradshaw||Mooresville, NC||YAM|
|5/24/92||Damon Bradshaw||Mooresville, NC||YAM|
|5/26/91||Jeff Stanton||Sherwood, MI||HON|
|5/27/90||Damon Bradshaw||Mooresville, NC||YAM|
|5/28/89||Jeff Stanton||Sherwood, MI||HON|
|5/29/88||Rick Johnson||El Cajon, CA||HON|
|5/24/87||Ron Lechien||El Cajon, CA||KAW|
|5/25/86||Rick Johnson||El Cajon, CA||HON|
|5/26/85||Jeff Ward||San Juan Capistrano, CA||KAW|
|5/27/84||Rick Johnson||El Cajon, CA||YAM|
|5/29/83||Bob Hannah||Whittier, CA||HON|
|5/30/82||Rick Johnson||El Cajon, CA||YAM|
|5/24/81||Kent Howerton||San Antonio, TX||SUZ|
|5/25/80||Kent Howerton||San Antonio, TX||SUZ|
|7/8/79||Kent Howerton||San Antonio, TX||SUZ|
|7/29/78||Jim Ellis||E. Hampton, CT||HON|
|5/29/77||Tony DiStefano||Morrisville, PA||SUZ|
|6/17/17||Jeremy Martin||Millville, MN||HON|
|6/18/16||Joey Savatgy||Thomasville, GA||KAW|
|6/14/14||Blake Baggett||Grand Terrace, CA||KAW|
|6/9/12||Eli Tomac||Cortez, CO||HON|
|6/11/11||Blake Baggett||Grand Terrace, CA||KAW|
|6/12/10||Tyla Rattray||South Africa||KAW|
|6/15/08||Ryan Villopoto||Poulsbo, WA||KAW|
|5/27/07||Joshua Grant||Riverside, CA||HON|
|5/28/06||Ryan Villopoto||Poulsbo, WA||KAW|
|5/29/05||Mike Alessi||Victorville, CA||KTM|
|5/30/04||James Stewart||Haines City, FL||KAW|
|5/25/03||Michael Brown||Johnson City, TN||KAW|
|5/27/01||Travis Pastrana||Annapolis, MD||SUZ|
|5/28/00||Kelly Smith||Ludington, MI||KTM|
|5/30/99||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||KAW|
|5/24/98||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||KAW|
|5/25/97||Scott Sheak||Germantown, NY||HON|
|5/26/96||Kevin Windham||Baton Rouge, LA||KAW|
|5/28/95||Tim Ferry||Largo, FL||SUZ|
|5/29/94||Doug Henry||Oxford, CT||HON|
|5/30/93||Jeff Emig||Kansas City, KS||YAM|
|5/24/92||Mike LaRocco||South Bend, IN||KAW|
|5/26/91||Brian Swink||Fenton, MI||HON|
|5/28/89||George Holland||Kerman, CA||HON|
|5/29/88||Guy Cooper||Stillwater, OK||SUZ|
|5/24/87||Micky Dymond||Yorba Linda, CA||HON|
|5/25/86||Micky Dymond||Yorba Linda, CA||HON|
|5/26/85||Erik Kehoe||Granada Hills, CA||SUZ|
|5/27/84||Jeff Ward||San Juan Capistrano, CA||KAW|
|5/29/83||Mark Barnett||Bridgeview, IL||SUZ|
|5/26/85||David Bailey||Axton, VA||HON|
|5/27/84||David Bailey||Axton, VA||HON|
|5/29/83||Danny Chandler||Foresthill, CA||HON|
|5/30/82||Darrell Shultz||Trinidad, CA||HON|
|5/24/81||Broc Glover||El Cajon, CA||YAM|
|5/25/80||Chuck Sun||Sherwood, OR||HON|
|7/8/79||Gaylon Mosier||Huntington Beach, CA||KAW|
|7/9/78||Rick Burgett||Sandy, OR||YAM|