wake-up HIGH POINT RIDE DAY
April 3, 2021
We’re riding! Thanks to the Safe-to-Race Toolkit and the best practices developed by the Task Force, High Point Raceway has received the green light to host a recreational Ride Day on Saturday, April 3 from 12 noon to 5 PM. The Ride Day will consist of an unprecedented 5 courses available to riders depending upon their bike size and age. Admission and registration processes will follow social distancing and hygiene guidelines, as recommended by this Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Your health and safety are our priority. Here are some track rules and things you need to consider before your visit:
- We will have trained EMTs and an ALS unit onsite all day. What better way to spend your riding day knowing there are medics onsite … just in case!
- We will have 5 different riding areas available, depending on your bike size and age:
- High Point National Motocross Track – open to big bikes and minis (65-150cc)
- 3-mile GNCC Loop – open to big bikes and minis
- 2-mile Mountain Bike Course – open to all mountain bikes, not just eMTB
- Micro Track – open to 50cc bikes
- Stacyc Course – open to all small bicycles
- Track access for all riding areas will be from 12 noon to 5 pm
- Riders must be in full gear to gain track access
- Concessions will be available
- An Easter Egg Hunt will be held for little kids @ 2 p.m.
- Facility closes at 6 pm. No overnight camping
- Sorry, no ATVs this event
- Admission is free
- Upon entry, all guests must sign the release and waiver of liability. Enter at your own risk.
- Each vehicle will be given a garbage bag. We ask you contain your own trash and dispose of it in our dumpster at the front gate on your way home. Thanks in advance for pitching in.
- Please park no less than 10 feet apart from your neighbor on all sides.
- Registration is located at the Announcer Tower.
- All riders are required to register. No one is permitted on track without registering.
- Rider fee is $40 for the day and provides access to multiple activities.
- Big bikes and small (65cc-105cc) have access to the motocross track and the GNCC Loop at separate times.
- Bring your eMTB and hit a lap in-between your moto sessions or during a GNCC break.
- We ask that only the rider, or in the event of a youth rider - their parent, attend registration. Youth riders should not attend registration.
- Clerks will be seated behind plexiglass barriers for your protection and theirs.
- Rider Fee can be paid by credit card or cash.
- Riders will be given an armband to confirm they are eligible for track access, as well as a practice sticker for their motocross practice group(s).
- We will have (5) rotations of (4) groups:
- Vet (30+)
- Mini (65-105cc)
- Depending upon the size of the group, it may be necessary to have more than one session per group.
- Our motocross track will be fully staffed with caution flaggers. Please be familiar with the caution flag rules: No jumping or passing on Yellow or Red Cross flags.
- Our top-notch track crew will make track maintenance a snap! We have the best equipment.
- Only 1 rider / 1 mechanic to staging. Due to social distancing concerns, mechanics are encouraged to wear facemasks while in staging.
- Staging will be on the Start Line. Lanes will be designated for each group. Riders should go to their designated lane to await their next session. While in staging lanes, riders should adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Because this is a recreational ride day, we have eliminated the Pro National quad jump. The goal here is to have fun on our motorcycles and enjoy the first day of riding at High Point. Big jumps can wait.
- Entry to the GNCC Loop will be at the top of the hill under the Power Tower.
- Riders must show their armband in order to access the GNCC Loop.
- Big Bikes will have access to the GNCC Loop from 12 to 2 pm and from 3 to 5 pm.
- Small bikes will have access to the GNCC Loop from 2 to 3 pm only.
- The Micro Track will be managed by USMCA certified coach, Jessica Coombs. USMCA (U.S. Motorcycle Coaches Association) certifies coaches who have met the qualifications for proper motorcycle training.
- Jessica specializes in new rider training for kids 6-10 years old and will be on-hand all afternoon to assist with new rider development.
- For our youngest riders, a Stacyc Course will be available adjacent to the MicroTrack.
- There is no fee for access to the Stacyc Course.
Mountain Bike Course:
- Our 2-mile eMTB course will be open all afternoon. Riders are free to warm-up before and between moto and GNCC on our specially-designed mountain bike course.
- All mountain bikes welcome, including eMTBs.
- If you only want to access the Mountain Bike course, the fee is $20.
- Social distancing is key. That means standing at least 6 feet apart from another person.
- When you are unable to social distance or stand 6 feet apart, we recommend you wear a facemask to protect you from others and others from you. Just use common sense. Besides, it’s Cool to Covered!
- We will have hand sanitizer available at all workstations.
- The CDC recommends persons who are sick with fever or cough, elderly or at high risk, to stay at home. We do too. Please do not attend our event if this is you.
- Please take your temperature before you leave home. If you have a temperature of at least 100.4, you have a fever and should stay home.
- If you know you have had contact with someone diagnosed with having COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you yourself have had COVID-19 in the last 30 days, please stay home.
- If you feel ill, go to the EMS Station.
- We know this all sounds awful, but it’s for your own good and all concerned.
Here are some signs you will see throughout the facility. Please take them seriously.